The free-to-play game C-evo has only one predesigned air unit: the Glider, which reverts to being a ground unit at the end of each turn. All others are designed by the player. Even the most primitive require Science; interestingly, even the most advanced (using Smart Weapons) do not require Steel.
Air units stop blinking when they reach one of their owner's cities (unless just passing through on a "Go" order), but they can be restarted if they have any movement points remaining.
Like other units, an air unit that you design can have a number of weapons modules and a number of armor modules. Other additions are included in "unit features". Speed is 12.5 if you know Rocketry but 8.5 if not; in contrast to other units, no other speed variations can be researched or bought.
Unit features available to air unitsEdit
- Air transport - carriage of ground units; such air units cannot use carrier ships
- Armor - maximum four modules
- Bombs - more power on first strike per flight (equal to twice the attack strength it replaces)
- Fuel - each spare fuel module allows one more turn of movement before return to approved landing tile
- Weapons - self-explanatory
- Fanatic - deals more damage when it loses
- Line Production - half-price units (after the double-price first unit) if two or more are built successively at one city
- Spy Plane - reports on details of cities and unit stacks when immediately adjacent
- Stealth - invisible to enemies (irrelevant if all enemies are standard AI in v 1.2.0 because they cannot attack air units)
- Jet engines (requiring only the knowledge of Rocketry) - add 4(00) to speed (8.5 to 12.5)