The free game C-evo has only one predesigned air unit: the Glider, which reverts to being a ground unit at the end of each flight. All others are designed by the player. Even the most primitive require Science; interestingly, even the most advanced (using Smart Weapons) do not require Steel.
Air units stop blinking when they reach one of their owner's cities (unless just passing through on a "Go" order), but they can be restarted if they have any movement points remaining.
Like other units, an air unit can have a number of weapons modules, a number of armor modules, and a choice of speeds. Other additions are included in "unit features".
Unit features available to air unitsEdit
- Air transport - carriage of ground units; such air units cannot use carrier ships
- Armor - maximum four modules
- Bombs - more power on first strike per flight
- Fuel - each spare fuel module allows one more turn of movement before return to approved landing tile
- Weapons - self-explanatory
- Fanatic - deals more damage when it loses
- Line Production - half-price units if four or more are built successively at one city
- Spy Plane - reports on details of cities and unit stacks when immediately adjacent
- Stealth - invisible to enemies
- Jet engines - add 4(00) to speed (8.5 to 12.5)