Buildings are built in cities in Civilization games and in colonies in Colonization games. Some buildings such as Fortresses may be built outside cities. Each building adds value in some respect, e.g. defensive strength or the rates of production of resource or knowledge.
Wonders of the World are counted as buildings. In Civ1 they are listed with other city improvements, but later games give them separate listings.
Most buildings (except Wonders) in the Civilization games have an ongoing maintenance cost. The cost may be larger than the benefit at times. For example, a bank typically costs 3 gold per turn, which is bad business if it gains fewer than 3 gold per turn and conveys no other benefit.
- Main article: Building (Civ3)
- Main article: Building (Civ4)
- Main article: Building (CivRev)
- Main article: Building (CivWorld)
Civilization: Call to Power
Call to Power II
- Main article: Building (C-evo)
- Main article: Building (Col)
Civilization IV: Colonization
- List of buildings in Civ1
- List of buildings in Civ2
- List of buildings in Civ3
- List of buildings in Civ4
- List of buildings in Civ5
- List of buildings in CivWorld