- add some Unit Feature (a Capacity, a Special Feature, or a Unit Advance) to future unit design; or
- allow a building that strengthens some or all units defending a city; or
- allow a useful structure outside a city
Enemies can use some advances to reduce the value of some of your improvements.
Table summarizing benefitsEdit
- The Manual divides advances into four groups, based roughly on chronology, but an alphabetical listing has advantages and is used here. Other arrangements of these data are possible and are likely to be created as alternatives by selective copying from this table when it has all links in.
- "Cost to" stands for "Cost multiplier increased to"; "Cost +" (used for a Future Technology) means Cost multiplier increases by the specified amount; see http://c-evo.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=93 for relevant forum postings about cost (and how you can modify the .exe file to remove anomalies!)
- "Max wt" stands for "Maximum weight [of that type of unit] rises to"
- "Str" stands for "Strength multiplier"
- "Trans" stands for "Transport multiplier"
- The term "multiplier" is perhaps misleading for additive "factors".