Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth: Rising Tide received its first big update in October 2015, only few weeks after its release. The following is a full list of the patch notes.
- Added the Spoils of War system – players will now be able to choose what spoils they will offer/claim when declaring peace.
- Fixed an issue that could cause old Agreements not to clear properly when switching traits.
- Fixed an issue with War declarations on Stations.
- Fixed an issue that prevented AI allies from joining a war if they hadn't met the opponent and the war started before the alliance was formed.
- Fixed an issue where some AI leaders would send communiques inappropriately while at war.
- Quest update pop-ups now appear each time a new objective is received.
- Fixed several quests that were not always tracking objectives correctly.
- Olivia Ross quests will no longer choose tiles with an existing improvement.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the area of effect boarders to no show up around activated minor Marvel nodes on the Fungal biome.
- Added new "Black Market" section in Covert Ops that allows you to assign agents to trade Diplomatic Capital for Strategic Resources.
- AI will now use Covert Ops better – better prioritization, raising intrigue, and using higher level ops.
- Increased AI desire for expansion via founding cities.
- Improved AI ratio of ranged-to-melee naval ships
Art & UIEdit
- Fixed issues where multiple or incorrect units could appear in unit viewer and/or Combat Preview panel.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the Diplomacy screen to not close or not show a Leader.
- Planet description text now shows up in tooltip of Planet Type.
- Biome is now listed when looking at map type in game menu.
- FX now play appropriately for all Beacons and Gates.
- FX now plays appropriately for Creating a Coup
- FX now plays appropriately for activation of Frigid and Fungal Marvel Nodes.
- Fixed an issue where water-specific tile improvement visuals would disappear when pillaged.
- Kozlov's extra strategic resources now show up correctly in top panel tooltip.
- Added sorting functions to Trade Route Overview.
- Added notification for when you are pulled into a war because of an alliance.
- Fixed several issues with incorrect font size.
- New Tech Web filter for "Aquatic".
- Fixed an issue where the Artifacts Reward pop-up would reappear after having closed and reopened the window.
- Fixed an issue where certain expedition icons would not properly clean-up when completed.
- Attack Range changes now properly update in the unit upgrade panel.
- Trade Vessels have been removed and Trade Convoys are now amphibious by default. (Thermohaline Rudder was moved to replace Amphibious Trade on the Tech Web.)
- Ultrasonic Fence is a stronger deterrent to keeping aliens away.
- Orbital units no longer receive inappropriate penalties/bonuses for land/sea production modifiers.
- On lowest difficulty only 1 AI will start a war with a player at a time.
- Disciplined trait perks increased to 20/40/60%.
- National Security Project wonder mod will no longer apply to Move City.
- Conquered/gifted cities will no longer inappropriately give free buildings or units.
- Machine Assisted Free Will now reduces the cost of Leaf Techs by 20%, and costs 1000 Production.
- Quantum Politics now increases Virtue acquisition by 15%, and costs 400 Production.
- The Dimension Folding Complex now costs 300 Production.
- The Tessellation Foundry now costs 650 Production.
- Temporal Calculus now costs 650 Production.
- The Relativistic Data Bank now costs 400 Production.
- The Lush Marvel quest now requires the player to biopsy 5 alien remains (up from 3).
- Smart Grid agreement now has a 100 energy per-turn cap to prevent runaway energy gains.
- Fixed an issue that would prevent players from Razing a city after a capital has been transferred to another city.
- Fixed an issue where remote players could autoend turn before Planetfall.
- Fixed an issue in Domination victory when an alien destroys a capital.
- Fixed an issue that could cause hover units to stop automated exploration.
- Fixed an issue with the achievement "Silent Service" claiming to require 100 units killed, instead of the actual 10 needed.
- Moved the button to explore minor Marvel nodes to the upper unit action bar.
- You may now continue playing after being Defeated (except when defeated by Domination).
- Fixed an issue where a base-game Achievement wouldn't trigger with DLC turned on.
- Fixed several reported crashes.
- Fixed many text errors.