When a civilization develops Nationalism its citizens can be drafted into military service. Each city can draft some of its population each turn, depending upon the government currently in effect.
- A civilization in Anarchy may not use the draft.
- A Democracy or Republic can draft 1 citizen per turn.
- A city under Despotism, Monarchy, Feudalism, Fascism or Communism can draft 2 citizens per turn.
To utilize the draft, press the "Draft" button on the City Display.
- You may only draft citizens from a city with a population of 7 or higher.
- You can not draft foreign nationals.
- You can not draft from a resisting city.
The draft produces the following conscript (2 HP) units, depending upon your level of scientific development:
However, drafting citizens will cause unhappiness in the city.