In 1994, Sid Meier introduced the Dutch to one of his games in Colonization. Their speciality is trade, and they start with a larger ship than the other nations.
The Dutch first appeared in the Civilization Series in the Conquests expansion of Civilization III. Their capital is Amsterdam. The Netherlands won its independence from the Spanish Empire.
- Main article: Dutch (Civ3)
- Main article: Dutch (Civ4)
- Main article: Dutch (Civ5)
- Main article: Dutch (Col)
Civilization IV: Colonization
- The main article has not been created for (or Dutch is not part of) Civilization IV: Colonization
- Dutch King is a modified William of Orange.
- Default or AI name for New World: New Netherlands
- Capital: New Amsterdam
- Leaders: Adriaen van der Donck, Peter Stuyvesant
Dutch is not present in (or the article has not been created for) the following games :
|Civilization II||Dutch (Civ2)|
|Civilization: Beyond Earth||Dutch (CivBE)|
|Civilization Revolution||Dutch (CivRev)|
|Civilization Revolution 2||Dutch (CivRev2)|
|Civilization: Call to Power||Dutch (CTP1)|
|Call to Power II||Dutch (CTP2)|
|Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri||Dutch (SMAC)|