In Civilization: Beyond Earth, Explorer units are able to setup what is called an Expedition, which allows it to access something on a tile. After ten turns, the expedition is completed and used up. In Rising Tide, expeditions have a chance to discover an Artifact in addition to its rewards.
Sites and rewardsEdit
|Alien Skeleton||66% chance of giving you an alien unit, 33% chance of giving affinity progress|
|Crashed Satellites||66% chance to give Production bonus, 33% chance to give Science bonus|
|Derelict Settlements||50% chance to give Culture, 50% chance to give a free population|
|Kraken Nest||Chance of getting an aquatic alien unit, Chance of giving affinity progress|
|Progenitor Device||50% chance of giving affinity progress, 50% chance to give free affinity level|
|Progenitor Ruins||50% chance to give free affinity level, 50% chance to give Science towards a far away tech, sometimes have a fragment of The Signal, necessary for a Contact Victory.|
|Sunken Spacecraft||33% chance to give Production bonus, 66% chance to give Science towards a far away tech|
|Sunken Vehicle||66% chance to give Production bonus, 33% chance to give Culture|
|Wrecked Colony Lander||66% chance to give a free population, 33% chance to give Culture|
Bonuses affecting ExpeditionsEdit
- At Level 1 Supremacy, Explorer Units can build one extra Expedition.
- At Level 1 Purity Explorer Units are twice as strong when attacked by Aliens.
- Building a Laboratory and making the appropriate Quest decision can provide you with an additional expedition for Explorers.
- The tier 2 Prosperity Virtue Pathfinder allows explorer units to build three additional expeditions.
- The tier 1 Knowledge Virtue Field Research allows you to earn 50 science from completed expeditions.
- The Drone Sphere speeds up Expedition time by 50%.
- The artifact reward Ground-Penetrating LIDAR speeds up Expedition time by 100%.
It is easier to spot Expedition Sites if you activate the icons for them. To do that, click on the little eye-symbol at the top left corner of the minimap, then select "Expedition Sites":
- Introduced in the Rising Tide expansion pack.
|Civilization: Beyond Earth [Edit]|
|Games: Base Beyond Earth • Rising Tide • Starships‡|
† Introduced in Rising Tide • ‡ Spin off game based in the same fictional universe