Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In Civilization: Beyond Earth, Explorer units are able to setup what is called an Expedition, which allows it to access something on a tile. After ten turns, the expedition is completed and used up. In Rising Tide, expeditions have a chance to discover an Artifact in addition to its rewards.
Sites and rewardsEdit
|Alien Skeleton||66% chance of giving you an alien unit, 33% chance of giving affinity progress|
|Crashed Satellites||66% chance to give Production bonus, 33% chance to give Science bonus|
|Derelict Settlements||50% chance to give Culture, 50% chance to give a free population|
|Kraken Nest||Chance of getting an aquatic alien unit, Chance of giving affinity progress|
|Progenitor Device||50% chance of giving affinity progress, 50% chance to give free affinity level|
|Progenitor Ruins||50% chance to give free affinity level, 50% chance to give Science towards a far away tech, sometimes have a fragment of The Signal, necessary for a Contact Victory.|
|Sunken Spacecraft||33% chance to give Production bonus, 66% chance to give Science towards a far away tech|
|Sunken Vehicle||66% chance to give Production bonus, 33% chance to give Culture|
|Wrecked Colony Lander||66% chance to give a free population, 33% chance to give Culture|
Bonuses affecting ExpeditionsEdit
- At Level 1 Supremacy, Explorer Units can build one extra Expedition.
- At Level 1 Purity Explorer Units are twice as strong when attacked by Aliens.
- Building a Laboratory and making the appropriate Quest decision can provide you with an additional expedition for Explorers.
- The tier 2 Prosperity Virtue Pathfinder allows explorer units to build three additional expeditions.
- The tier 1 Knowledge Virtue Field Research allows you to earn 50 science from completed expeditions.
- The Drone Sphere speeds up Expedition time by 50%.
- The artifact reward Ground-Penetrating LIDAR speeds up Expedition time by 100%.
It is easier to spot Expedition Sites if you activate the icons for them. To do that, click on the little eye-symbol at the top left corner of the minimap, then select "Expedition Sites":
- Introduced in the Rising Tide expansion pack.
|Civilization: Beyond Earth [Edit]|
|Games: Base Beyond Earth • Rising Tide • Starships‡|
† Introduced in Rising Tide • ‡ Spin off game based in the same fictional universe