Food is mainly acquired by having your Cities work the Terrain around them. More food can be obtained from resources, tile improvement, buildings and trade. Clearing an Alien Nest or combining artifacts may also yield a one-time food boost.
Food is gathered for one important purpose, that of growing the Population of your cities. Each Population consumes 2 . Note that all percentage modifiers to are applied after consumption is taken into account; as such, they will affect growth rate but not maximum population.
- 30% with the Nanopasture building
- 10% with the Frugality virtue
- 10% with the appropriate CEL Cradle building quest option
- 10% with the appropriate Cloning Plant building quest option
- Food required = p² + 6p + 8
where p is the current population of the city.
|City size||Food required for growth|
|Civilization: Beyond Earth [Edit]|
|Games: Base Beyond Earth • Rising Tide • Starships†|