Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
FreeCol's 0.9.0 "alpha" stage was released in early October 2009 and the final form in early January 2010.
- Pictures of buildings in colony screen. Arranged in a fixed order, unlike the original game, where only the water-related buildings had a fixed place on the page.
- More permissible variety in screen size. (That will please anyone who has an Eee pc 1000, which has 1024 by 600 screen resolution.)
- Clear "borders".
- Smarter AI.
- You can abandon a colony even after it has a stockade. (In Col1 you cannot, which should be the default option in FreeCol 1.0.0.)
- With de Witt, a custom house circumvents boycotts.
- Changed algorithm for bells per founding father; as burschik says: "We now use an algorithm that this source (http://t-a-w.blogspot.com/2007/05/colonization-tips.html) claims to be that of the original game."