Back to the list of districts
- Unlike the Industrial Zone, the Hansa gets adjacency bonuses from any and all resources (rather than just those with Mines/Quarries), as well as +2 Production if placed next to a Commercial Hub. It still receives a Minor bonus (+½) to Production yield for all other adjacent district tile.
- Unlike the Industrial Zone, the Hansa does not affect the Appeal rating of nearby tiles.
- +1 Great Engineer point per turn.
- Effect of some Buildings extends to other cities whose City Centers are within 6 tiles of the Zone.
- Lower Production cost (30 vs. 60).
The following buildings can be constructed in a Hansa:
From the Old French meaning "company of merchants," the Hanse was a voluntary confederation of merchants and traders organized in a town for the protection and facility of commerce and transport. In the mercantile ports of the Baltic and North Sea these manufacturing and trading guilds became quite powerful and influential in the 13th century, with their headquarters in complexes also known as the hansa. The largest hansa districts not only housed the administrative offices of competing guilds, but also storerooms, workshops, markets, banks and anything else that could turn a profit. The first such appears to have been built in Lubeck c. 1159 AD to facilitate trade between Western Europe and the resource-rich areas of northern Russia.