Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Hills are one aspect of a tile's terrain. Hill tiles receive -1 , +1 as well as defensive bonuses. When a land tile is not a hill (and also not a peak), it is flatland.
- Hills have +1 visibility range, for units or civs with cultural control of the tile
- Moving into a bare hill tile requires 2 movement points.
- Moving into a forest or jungle hill tile requires 3 movement points.
- Most units standing on hills gain +25% defense.
- Cities founded on hill tiles retain this +25% hill defense bonus for units contained within.
- Units with the Guerrilla promotions receive additional defense, movement, and/or attack on hill tiles.
- -1 , +1
- Cities founded on plains hill tiles receive 2 in the city center (instead of the standard 1 ).
- Desert hills and ice hills are workable tiles, whereas desert and ice flatlands are not.
- Hill tiles may have these tile improvements: