This page contains information related to Civilization: Beyond Earth's units.
Civilian Units Edit
Civilian units are unable to attack and are instantly captured if walked over by an enemy melee unit.
|Settler unit. Forms Outposts which eventually form Cities on both land and sea.|
|Worker unit. Constructs all tile Improvements.|
|Trade Convoy||70||Land-based trade unit. Used to establish trade routes between two terrestrial or coastal cities. In Rising Tide the unit can now embark and trade on the seas.|
|Trade Vessel||85||Sea-based trade unit. Used to establish trade routes between two coastal and aquatic Cities. Removed in Rising Tide.|
|Earthling Settler||-||Part of the Promised Land victory|
|Ultrasonic Emitter||-||Support unit unlocked though Starships. Damages aliens in adjacent tiles. Does not trigger alien aggression.|
- Infantry units benefit from defensive terrain bonuses, whilst cavalry units do not.
- Melee units can capture cities but suffer backlash from attacking, while ranged units can not but do not suffer backlash from attacking.
|Explorer||-||Habitation||-||Scout unit that conducts expeditions. May leash aliens|
|Soldier||-||Habitation||-||Basic melee infantry unit|
|Ranger||-||Physics||-||Basic ranged infantry unit|
|Combat Rover||-||Engineering||-||Basic melee cavalry unit|
|Missile Rover||-||Computing||-||Basic ranged cavalry unit that deals more damage to cities|
|Patrol Boat||-||Habitation||-||Basic melee naval unit|
|Gunboat||-||Computing||-||Basic ranged naval unit|
|Submarine||-||Computing||-||Stealth ranged naval unit|
|Carrier||-||Fabrication||-||Aircraft base naval unit|
|Xeno Swarm||4||Alien Adaptation||1||Alien melee infantry unit|
|Xeno Cavalry||7||Alien Domestication||2||Alien melee cavalry unit|
|Alien orbital unit|
|Xeno Titan||12||Alien Evolution||5|
|Very powerful melee unit with strong defense against ranged|
|Battlesuit||4||Servomachinery||1||Armored melee infantry unit|
|Ranged combat-medic unit|
|LEV Tank||9||Mobile LEV||4||Ranged hover unit|
|LEV Destroyer||12||Tactical LEV||5|
|Very powerful ranged hover unit that deals splash damage|
|CNDR||4||Tactical Robotics||1||Defensive melee robot unit|
|CARVR||7||Autogyros||2||Offensive melee robot unit|
|SABR||9||Synthetic Thought||4||Long ranged robot unit|
|ANGEL||12||Neural Uploading||5||Very powerful ranged robot unit that can cross canyons and coasts|
|Organics||1||Regenerative melee infantry unit|
|Ranged infantry unit that can assist or inhibit|
|Ranged hover unit that can assist or inhibit|
|Autonomous Systems||1||Melee combat-medic unit|
|Melee hover unit|
|Very powerful melee unit|
|Collaborative Thought||1||Stealth unit that deals damage to two tiles of its radius|
|Land based stealth unit|
|Ranged hover unit with aircraft base|
- Main article: Orbitals (CivBE)
|All-Seer||Dark Networks||200|| 4|
|30||1||Removes and prevents all Covert Agents and Intrigue from cities in range|
|Comm Relay||Communications||100||-||60|| 5|
|Provides orbital coverage within a 5 tile radius|
|Deep Space Telescope||Orbital Automation||200|| 2|
|60||2|| Discovers The Signal, part of the Contact Victory|
|Holomatrix||Civil Support||130|| 3|
|60||1||+2 on tiles you own in range|
-50% Intrigue increases on cities in range
|Lasercom Satellite||Orbital Networks||130|| 2|
|60||1||Contacts Old Earth, part of the Emancipation and Promised Land Victories|
|Miasmic Condenser||Alien Ecology||130|| 3|
|10||2||Generates Miasma, starting from the center|
|Miasmic Repulsor||Ecology||80||-||10||2||Clears Miasma, starting from the center|
|Orbital Fabricator||Geoscaping||130|| 2|
|60||1||+1 on tiles you own|
Generates 1 to 2 new strategic resources ranging 1-4 in quantity
|Orbital Laser||Cybernetics||130||2||60||3||Attacks units within range ( 70)|
|Paean||Biology||130||-||30||1||Tiles provide +1 Health when worked by a City but not past the City's local Health limit|
|Phasal Transporter||Cybernetics||130|| 2|
|30||1||Enables units to perform a one-way Phasal Transport from any friendly City to any affected tile|
|Planet Carver||Astrodynamics||200|| 4|
|30||2||Attacks units within range ( 120)|
|Rocktopus|| Designer Lifeforms|
|10||2||Can move between deployments|
|Solar Collector||Photosystems||80||-||60||1||+1 on tiles you own within range|
|Spy Satellite||Tactical Robotics||100||-||45||6|
|Provides visibility of all locations within a 6 tile radius, not counting invisible units|
|Station Sentinel||Ballistics||80||-||60||0||Doubles trade route yields from the station underneath it. Also doubles this station's defense, and prevents it from being abandoned.|
|Tacnet Hub||Communications||80||-||60||2||+20% , +20% , and +5 HP heal for all friendly units in range|
|Weather Controller||Climate Control||130|| 2|
|60||1||+1 on tiles you own|
Generates 1 to 2 new Basic Resources
|Xeno Siren||Biochemistry||80||-||30||2||Attracts nearby alien units to the affected area|
- Main article: Aliens (CivBE)
|Wolf Beetle||2||10||0||0||Swarm organism that constantly defends alien hives by patrolling around them closely. Carpets landscape in mass swarms when Alien aggression is ignited.|
|Raptor Bug||3||16||0||0||Fastest known land alien species, with greater strength compared to a swarm of Wolf Beetle. Appears only when the aliens feel threatened.|
|Siege Worm||1||62||0||0||Migrates between several destinations, destroying any infrastructure or units in the lands they pass through, extremely effective against cities. Does not become actively aggressive or specifically move through or towards human construction until the aliens are particularly pressed.|
|Drones||3||10||0||0||Only known Alien unit capable of flight. Has similar abilities to the Wolf Beetle but does not benefit from terrain bonuses.|
|Manticore||1||4||2||10||Chemical spewing "infantry" of the Alien Hive. Commonly found stationed within the hives themselves to attack targets that close in. Appears in greater numbers if Alien aggression is continued after the first Wolf Beetle swarms.|
|Sea Dragon||2||16||0||0||The oceanic relative of the Raptor Bug. Much more voracious in the fact that it regards all naval vessels as possible prey.|
|Kraken||2||56||0||0||Aquatic relative of the Siege Worm, behaves similarly in all fashions. Will form "pods" similar to Earth-based cetaceans, making them deadly to take on even at the highest combat levels.|
|0||0||A combination of terrain and enemy presence. Does not move or attack, but has ability to spread hydrocorals on adjacent fields. Occurs in different stages of growth. Dangerous in melee, but vulnerable to distant attacks.|
|Makara||2||28||0||0||An amphibious alien, capable of crossing both land and sea. It is slow and pillages any improvements it walks on.|
|Ripper||3||8||0||0||Most commonly found water alien. Appears in large groups, patrolling oceans. Althought not very dangerous, attacking and killing it may enrage all aliens on a planet.|
|Scarab||2||6||0||0||Weak, land organisms, similar to wolf beetles.|
- ↑ The Colonization Corps Trade Agreement increases the cost of colonists, but allows for new cities to skip the outpost phase.
- ↑ The Engineering Corps Trade Agreement decreases the cost of workers to 1. The Gene Vault wonder provides all new cities a free worker unit.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 After the first patch of Rising Tide, the Trade Vessel unit was removed. Instead the Trade Convoy can embark allowing floating cities to trade with landlocked cities.
- ↑ Unit naming conventions in this table are the same as Civilopedia. Only the original name is used. Upgrades will change the name of the unit, the cost and the unit stats.
- ↑ Affinity costs mentioned in the this table are for Tier 1 units only
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 Unit is available at the beginning of the game because the technology Habitation is already researched for all players at the start of the game.
- ↑ Tier 2 Evolved Xenotitans require 7
- ↑ Tier 2 LEV Destroyers require 7
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 The Golem, Aquilon, and Throne are considered Hybrid Ultimate units for the purposes of the Best of Both Worlds achievement.
- ↑ The Comm relay only takes up 1 one tile in the orbital layer, but it effects 5 tiles out
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 On unimproved tiles across unit's lifespan. Territory ownership and miasma don't matter, tiles with strategic resources present won't be increased
- ↑ The Spy Satellite only uses up one tile in the orbital layer, but it can see 6 tiles out
- ↑ There are three levels of hydracoral. Level 1, has a strength of 10, level 2, 18, and level 3, 32.
- Introduced in the Rising Tide expansion pack.
- See Well of souls for a complete list of all units, their images, and their statistics.
|Civilization: Beyond Earth [Edit]|
|Games: Base Beyond Earth • Rising Tide • Starships‡|
† Introduced in Rising Tide • ‡ Spin off game based in the same fictional universe