Fandom

Civilization

Medical Lab (Civ5)

6,957pages on
this wiki
Add New Page
Talk0 Share

Ad blocker interference detected!


Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers

Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.

Medical Lab

Medical lab (Civ5)
Building of the Atomic era
Cost 500 20xProduction5
Maintenance 3 20xGold5
Technology

Penicillin (Civ5) Penicillin

Specialists

None

Effect
  • 25% of 20xFood5 Food carried over after a new 20xPopulation5 Citizen is born
  • Requires Hospital

BackArrowGreen Back to the list of buildings

Game InfoEdit

Advanced growth-enhancing building. Requires Hospital.

  • 25% of the 20xFood5 Food is carried over after a 20xPopulation5 Citizen is born.

StrategyEdit

The Medical Lab is a modern building that boosts city population growth in the same manner as the Aqueduct. Its 25% effect stacks with the 40% reduction of the Aqueduct for a total of 65% reduction in 20xFood5 Food required for a city to grow. This could be especially useful for large cities in desert or tundra tiles which run out of options for providing food later in the game, and also for all huge cities with 20+ 20xPopulation5 Population.

Historical InfoEdit

A medical laboratory is an institution that studies disease and human anatomy using a wide variety of extremely sophisticated and powerful instruments - from ultrasound to cameras the size of an ant to electron microscopes. Most - if not all - of the remarkable advances in medicine in the past 25 years have been made in medical labs. These include the sequencing of human DNA, retro-viruses to battle HIV-AIDS, gene therapy, nano-technology, and more. Much of the increasing cost of healthcare can be attributed to the simple fact that medical laboratories have been remarkably successful at battling illness and prolonging and improving the quality of human life - and these improvements cost huge amounts of money.

Also on Fandom

Random Wiki