Mineral costs are calculated into "rows", which varies depending on the INDUSTRY rating of the faction.
An industrial rating of 0 (normal) makes a Mineral row costs 10 Minerals. +1 (10% decrease) makes a Mineral row costs 9 Minerals. -1 (10% increase) makes a Mineral row costs 11 Minerals.
Rolling and Rocky terrain produces +1 Minerals.
The following Landmarks provides +1 Minerals :
- Mount Planet
- Garland Crater
- Fossil Fuel Ridge
- Nessus Canyon
However, most of the Minerals are provided through Terraforming.
- Forest, +2 Minerals
- Mine, +1 Minerals, +1 with Road, +2 if Rocky terrain
- Thermal Borehole, +6 Minerals
- Mining Platform, +1 Minerals,
The following Base facilities provides Minerals, but are only available later in game.
- Recycling Tanks, +1 Minerals
- Subsea Trunkline, +1 Minerals on squares with a Mining Platform.
- Nanoreplicator, +50% Minerals
- Genejack Factory, +50% Minerals
- Quantum Converter, +50% Minerals
- Robotic Assembly Plant, +50% Minerals
- Nessus Mining Station, +1 Minerals each with Aerospace Complex, 50% rounded up otherwise.