Mohandas Gandhi is the leader of the Civilization of the Indian Empire in Civilizations I to IV. He is also featured in the Civilization Wiki stub message logo.
- Main article: Mohandas Gandhi (Civ1)
- Main article: Mohandas Gandhi (Civ2)
- Main article: Mohandas Gandhi (Civ3)
- Main article: Mohandas Gandhi (Civ4)
- Main article: Mohandas Gandhi (Civ5)
- Main article: Mohandas Gandhi (CivRev)
Civilization: Call to Power
- Mohandas Gandhi is not present in (or the article has not been created for) Civilization: Call to Power
Call to Power II
Civilization IV: Colonization
- Mohandas Gandhi is not present in (or the article has not been created for) Civilization IV: Colonization
He also reappears for a fifth time in Civilization V.
In real life
Although he never actually led any country, he played a major role in Indian Independence from Britain with nonviolence and civil disobedience. After India gained independence, it split into two countries, which still exist today - a mostly Hindu India and a mostly Muslim Pakistan. It was not long until violence broke out between the two. Muslims in India were killed, and likewise for Hindus in Pakistan. When the two were unable to reach peaceful terms, Gandhi went on a fast, refusing to eat until the violence ended. Naturally, neither side wished to see him die. Once the violence ended, Gandhi ended his fast.
Sadly, Gandhi was assassinated by Nathuram Godse on January 30th, 1948, during a public walk. The assassin and his co-conspirator, Narayan Apte, were executed almost 10 months later.