- Common traits:
- +2 Faith
- +1 additional Faith with Organized Religion Social Policy
- +25% Gold output for this city with Theocracy Social Policy
- +1 Food with Feed the World Religious Belief
- +2 Culture in cities with at least 5 followers with Choral Music Religious Belief
- +2 Happiness in cities with at least 5 followers with Religious Center Religious Belief
- Special traits:
In vanilla Civilization V, the Mud Pyramid Mosque is a great replacement for the Temple. It allows an extra boost in Culture relatively early on and costs no maintenance, so don't hesitate to build it in your cities right away!
In Gods & Kings and Brave New World, the Mud Pyramid Mosque has been updated as with the Temple, so that it also generates Faith while retaining its zero maintenance cost and capability of generating Culture.
The Mud Pyramid Mosque is a complex of buildings found in the city of Gao. It consists of a tomb, two mosques, a cemetery, and an assembly ground. According to legend, it is the burial site of Askia Mohammad I, one of the greatest of Songhai Emperors. Although not as grand as the Mosque of Gao, other similar structures have been found across Western Africa, testaments to the religious dedication and engineering skills of the Songhai people.