Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Science is mainly earned from population and the Campus district. Each citizen yields +2 Science, and Libraries, Universities, and Research Labs yield +2, +4, and +5 Science respectively. International trade yields an additional +1 Science, and Scientific city-states will grant massive amounts of Science (up to +4 in every Campus) based on the number of Envoys assigned to that city-state.
Certain strategic and luxury resources grant Science boosts, including:
Several Policies also grant additional Science boosts once their conditions are met. These include:
- Trade Confederation: +1 Science from international trade routes
- Military Research: Military Academies and Seaports grant +1 Science
- Rationalism: +100% Science from Campus buildings
- Raj: Each city-state you are Suzerain of grants +2 additional Science
- Market Economy: International trade routes grant +2 Science per strategic resource improved at their destination
- International Space Agency: +10% Science from each city-state you are Suzerain of
However, Science can also be obtained through natural wonders, of which there are several:
- Crater Lake: +1 Science
- Galapagos Islands: +2 Science to all adjacent tiles
- Great Barrier Reef: +2 Science
- Tsingy de Bemaraha: +1 Science to all adjacent tiles
- Yosemite: +1 Science to all adjacent tiles
Many Great Scientists grant Science bonuses.
- Hypatia's bonus makes Libraries provide an additional +1 Science.
- Hildegard of Bingen makes the target Holy Site's adjacency bonuses provide Science bonuses as well.
- Galileo Galilei grants the civilization 250 Science for each adjacent Mountain tile.
- Isaac Newton's bonus makes Universities grant an additional +2 Science.
- Charles Darwin grants the civilzation 500 Science for each adjacent Natural Wonder.
- Albert Einstein's bonus makes Universities grant an additional +4 Science.
- Janaki Ammal grants the civilization 400 Science for each adjacent Rainforest tile.
- Mary Leakey grants the civilization 350 Science for every Artifact in the target city.
- The unique tile improvement of Sumeria, the Ziggurat, grants +2 Science.
- The unique tile improvement of Spain, the Mission, grants +1 Science if built next to a Campus and +2 Science with the Cultural Heritage civic.
- England's unique district, the Royal Navy Dockyard, grants +1 Science for every specialist in the district.
- Arabia's madrasas grant +5 Science.
- Saladin's leader bonus grants +10% bonus Science output from worship buildings.
- Peter's trade routes grant him +1 Science for every 3 technologies the destination civilization is ahead of himself.
|Civilization VI |