Settler or Settlers is a special unit available early in several Civ games. Although they cannot fight for themselves (usually), they are some of the most important units in the game, as they can build new cities.
- Main article: Settler (Civ1)
- Main article: Settler (Civ2)
Requires nothing; A/D/M/H 0/1/1/2; Cost 40. Explosives obsoletes.
- See also: Colonist
Civilization II: Test of Time Fantasy
Requires nothing; A/D/M/H 0/2/1/1; Cost 40, Never obsolete, Surface and underworld, Human and Infidel.
- Buteo - 2 Move (0/2/2/1) May move between surface and clouds (as B Settler)
- Elf - Ignore enemy Zone of Control, Surface and underworld (as E Settler)
- Merfolk - May move between surface and undersea (as M Settler)
- Stygian - May move between surface and undersea, unbribeable (as S Settler)
- See Goblin Miner for this function for Goblin team. Dwarves can also act as settlers.
- See Colonist
- Main article: Settler (Civ3)
- Main article: Settler (Civ4)
- Main article: Settler (Civ5)
Civilization: Beyond Earth
- The main article has not been created for (or Settler is not part of) Civilization: Beyond Earth
- See Colonist (CivBE)
- Main article: Settler (CivRev)
Civilization Revolution 2
- Main article: Settler (CivRev2)
Requires nothing; A/D/M H/F/V 0/1/1 20/1/1; Cost 40, 1s 1f. Costs 1 population.
- May be disbanded in a city to recover 50% of the production cost.
- Can build new cities.
- Can add on 1 population to cities of no more than size 7.
- Can perform worker functions
- May pillage to destroy infrastructure from tiles.
- A non-military unit (cannot attack; no martial law).
- Will never achieve veteran status.
Civilization: Call to Power
- Main article: Settler (CTP1)
Call to Power II
- Main article: Settler (CTP2)
- Main article: Settler (C-evo)
Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri
- Main article: Settler (SMAC)
Settler is not present in (or the article has not been created for) the following games :
|Civilization VI||Settler (Civ6)|