Sid Meier's Civilization® Beyond Earth: Rising Tide is an expansion pack released for Civilization: Beyond Earth on October 9, 2015.
In addition to new factions, biomes and units, the major new features in this expansion include a brand new diplomacy system, expanded aquatic gameplay, expanded exploration options, and hybrid affinities.
New diplomacy systemEdit
- Main article: Diplomacy (Rising Tide)
Diplomacy has been rebuilt "from scratch" in Rising Tide. Players can trade for traits that can improve how a civilization functions. A new Diplomatic Capital system has been added to facilitate diplomacy.
Making establishing deals with the AI more transparent. Players will know where they stand with other civilizations because of the fear and respect system. The progress of wars is also tallied with a the Rising Tide war score system.
Expanded aquatic gameplayEdit
- Main article: Aquatic gameplay (Rising Tide)
In addition to a slew of new naval units such as the submarine, Rising Tide players can build floating cities that can move around the map. Previously land based resources such as Firaxite can be found in the water. Explorers can also now find resource pods and conduct expeditions in the ocean. And the chances of you spawning next to an alien nest is at 15%.
Expanded exploration optionsEdit
Explorers have much more to do in Rising Tide. Players can now find artifacts that give large bonuses to players. Combining artifacts can lead to buildings and wonders that would not have been available any other way.
Finding marvels can lead to planet wide quests.
Harmony explorers can also leash aliens, allowing them to build armies of Aliens to fight for a civilization.
- Main article: Affinities (CivBE)#Hybrid Affinities
Earning different affinity points in Rising Tide has a synergistic effect. Units can now be built that require multiple affinity points. Standard units can also be upgraded to new hybrid forms.
- New Hybrid Affinity units
- New Orbital Units
- New aliens- Aliens are different colors depending on what biome they are on
- New buildings
- New wonders
- Four new factions are added including the Al Falah (the Middle East), the North Sea Alliance (the British Isles and Scandinavia), INTEGR (Germany), and Chungsu (Korea).
- Two new biomes, primordial and frigid, have been added. All biomes will have a greater impact on gameplay affecting how Aliens react to the player, and what quests the player may find.
- Trade units, conveys and vessels have been merged into a single hover unit that can travel on land and water greatly simplifying trade and increasing trade options.
- Main article: List of Sponsors (CivBE)#Rising Tide sponsors
- Main article: Al Falah (CivBE)
- Leader - Arshia Kishk
- Bonus - Yield from City Development increased to 150%
- Capital - Ard
- Main article: INTEGR (CivBE)
- Leader - Lena Ebner
- Bonus - Agreements cost 50% less Diplomatic Capital. Purchasing units and buildings costs 25% less Diplomatic Capital.
- Capital - Weltgeist
North Sea AllianceEdit
- Main article: North Sea Alliance (CivBE)
- Leader - Duncan Hughes
- Bonus - Aquatic cities have 50% more Strength and cost 50% less to move. May make planetfall at sea if able.
- Capital - Deepcastle
- Main article: Chungsu (CivBE)
- Leader - Han Jae Moon
- Bonus - Start with one free Covert Agent. Each successful Covert Operation in a foreign city rewards 10 per Agent rank. May make planetfall at sea if able.
- Capital - Jeongsang
New Buildings, Wonders and UnitsEdit
- Drydock - +2 Production, +20% Naval Unit Production
- Mosaic Hull - +2 Culture, +50 City HP
- Thermohaline Rudder - +2 Science, -30% Production cost to Move City
- Tidal Turbine - +4 Energy
- Torpedo Battery - +20% City Strike Damage
- Sonar Net - +25 City Defense, Reveals invisible units with 2 tiles
These buildings can only be built by combining Old Earth Relics (Rising Tide)
- Xenomass Bath House - +2 Culture, units heal after 1 turn
- Pan-Spectral Observatory - +100 Production for Orbital Units, +2 city orbital strike range
- Frontier Stadium - +10 City Defense. Military Units begin with a free promotion.
- Old Voice Archives - +10% yields while at war
- Warp Spire - +50% yields from domestic Trade Routes
- Drone Command - Work 2 more tiles than a city has Citizens
Changes to existing buildingsEdit
- Ultrasonic Fence - Now only discourages aliens entering your territory
- Surveillance Web - Now maximum covert ops intrigue level is reduced by 1 instead of 2.
Aquatic Only WondersEdit
Artifact Wonders Edit
These national wonders are unlocked by combining three Progenitor artifacts.
- Tesselation Foundry - Military Units complete 30% faster
- Machine Assisted Free Will - Leaf technology costs 15% less Science
- Dimension Folding Complex - -50% Unhealth from City Population
- Quantum Politics - +20% Virtue acquisition speed
- Temporal Calculus - All Units Gain +100% Visibility
- Relativistic Data Bank - -1 intrigue per turn in all cities
New Military UnitsEdit
- Submarine - Stealth ranged naval unit
- Patrol Boat - Basic melee naval unit
- Immortal - Regenerative melee infantry unit
- Architect - Ranged infantry unit that can assist or inhibit
- Throne - Ranged hover unit that can assist or inhibit
- Drone Cage - Melee combat-medic unit
- Autosled - Melee hover unit
- Golem - Very powerful melee unit
- Geliopod - Land based stealth unit
- Aquilon - Ranged hover unit with aircraft base
New Orbital UnitsEdit
- Paean - Increases Health
- Spy Satellite - Provides visibility of all locations within a 6 tile radius
- Station Sentinel - Increases station defense, and increases trade route yields
- Xeno Siren - Attracts nearby alien units
- Hydracoral - Combination terrain and enemy presence. Slows aquatic expansion
- Makara - An amphibious alien
- Ripper - Weak water alien
- Scarab - Weak land organism
- Introduced in the Rising Tide expansion pack.
|Civilization: Beyond Earth [Edit]|
|Games: Base Beyond Earth • Rising Tide • Starships†|
|Civ II||Conflicts in Civilization • Fantastic Worlds • Test of Time|
|Civ III||Play the World • Conquests|
|Civ IV||Warlords • Beyond the Sword • Colonization (Total conversion)|
|Civ V||Gods & Kings • Brave New World|
|Beyond Earth||Rising Tide|
|Civ VI||Rise and Fall|
|Official Spinoffs||Sid Meier's Colonization • Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri (Alien Crossfire) • Civilization Revolution • CivWorld • Civilization Revolution 2 • Sid Meier's Starships|
|Other games:||Freeciv • Imperialism • Civilization: Call to Power • Call to Power II • FreeCol • CivCity: Rome • C-evo • NewCol|
|Comparisons||Comparison between Civilization games • Civilizations|