Civilization II's music is in the Red Book CD-audio format, the same as that found on normal music CDs. The songs are quite varied; some are from the 19th century classical era, such as the Blue Danube Waltz, while others have a tribal, tropical sound to them. The music can be played back through any CD-ROM drive. Over 200 MB of space on the Civilization II CD is taken up by the music, 280 MB is occupied by the videos (many of them are historical footages), whereas the actual program data takes up less than 30 MB.
The five different releases of Civilization II have added and subtracted tracks from the mix, with Fantastic Worlds containing the largest number of tracks of all releases.
Wonders of the World MusicEdit
Whenever a player builds a Wonder of the World, a short video with music is played. The music is often taken from other sources:
- King Richard's Crusade - Dance of the Furies, Cristoph Willibald Gluck
- Leonardo's Workshop - Cantaloupe Island, Herbie Hancock
- Michelangelo's Chapel - Credo, Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina
- J.S. Bach's Cathedral - Toccata and Fugue in D minor, Johann Sebastian Bach
- Shakespeare's Theatre - Taken from the prologue to Henry V
- Statue of Liberty - El Capitan March, John Philip Sousa
- Isaac Newton's College - Concerto For 4 Violins & Strings in B minor, Antonio Vivaldi
- Adam Smith's Trading Company - The Entrance of the Queen of Sheba from the oratorio Solomon, George Frideric Handel
- Pyramids - "The Feeling Begins"
- Great Wall of China - "Gethsemane"
- Sun Tzu's War Academy - "Gethsemane"
- Colossus - Main Title
- Great Lighthouse - "Elk Hunt"
- Marco Polo's Embassy - "The Kiss"
- Magellan's Expedition - "Fort Battle"
- United Nations - "The Glade Part II"
Or various other sources:
- Oracle - Theme from Harry's Game by Clannad
- Women's Suffrage - Swinging at the Daisy Chain by the Count Basie Orchestra
- Hoover Dam - A remix version of "Arkham Bridge" from the soundtrack of the PC game Mechwarrior 2 Ghost Bears Legacy by Gregory Alper & Jeehun Hwang.
- Manhattan Project - I Had My Chance by Morphine
- Apollo Program - Telegraph Road by Dire Straits
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|
|Civilization II |
|Games: Conflicts in Civilization • Fantastic Worlds • Test of Time|