Civilization II's music is in the Red Book CD-audio format, the same as that found on normal music CDs. The songs are quite varied; some are from the 19th century classical era, such as the Blue Danube Waltz, while others have a tribal, tropical sound to them. The music can be played back through any CD-ROM drive. Over 200 MB of space on the Civilization II CD is taken up by the music, 280 MB is occupied by the videos (many of them are historical footages), whereas the actual program data takes up less than 30 MB.
The five different releases of Civilization II have added and subtracted tracks from the mix, with Fantastic Worlds containing the largest number of tracks of all releases.
|Tracks||Civilization II||Conflicts in Civilization||Fantastic Worlds||Multiplayer Gold Edition||Test of Time|
| Funeral March|
Ode to Joy
| Tenochtitlan Revealed|
Harvest of the Nile
The Shining Path
| The Crusades|
| The Civil War|
The Great War
| New World|
World of Jules Verne
|Fantasy||No||No||Yes||Yes||Yes, renamed Tolkien|
|Primeval World||No||No||Yes||Yes||Yes, renamed Jurasic (sic) Jungle|
|X-Com||No||No||Yes||No||Yes, renamed They're Here|
Wonders of the World MusicEdit
Whenever a player builds a Wonder of the World, a short video with music is played. The music is often taken from other sources:
- King Richard's Crusade - Dance of the Furies, Cristoph Willibald Gluck
- Leonardo's Workshop - Cantaloupe Island, Herbie Hancock
- Michelangelo's Chapel - Credo, Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina
- J.S. Bach's Cathedral - Toccata and Fugue in D minor, Johann Sebastian Bach
- Shakespeare's Theatre - Taken from the prologue to Henry V
- Statue of Liberty - El Capitan March, John Philip Sousa
- Isaac Newton's College - Concerto For 4 Violins & Strings in B minor, Antonio Vivaldi
- Adam Smith's Trading Company - The Entrance of the Queen of Sheba from the oratorio Solomon, George Frideric Handel
- Pyramids - "The Feeling Begins"
- Great Wall of China - "Gethsemane"
- Sun Tzu's War Academy - "Gethsemane"
- Colossus - Main Title
- Great Lighthouse - "Elk Hunt"
- Marco Polo's Embassy - "The Kiss"
- Magellan's Expedition - "Fort Battle"
- United Nations - "The Glade Part II"
Or various other sources:
- Oracle - Theme from Harry's Game by Clannad
- Women's Suffrage - Swinging at the Daisy Chain by the Count Basie Orchestra
- Hoover Dam - A remix version of "Arkham Bridge" from the soundtrack of the PC game Mechwarrior 2 Ghost Bears Legacy by Gregory Alper & Jeehun Hwang.
- Manhattan Project - I Had My Chance by Morphine
- Apollo Program - Telegraph Road by Dire Straits
Players wishing to sample the music without a computer can do so by simply placing the game CD (provided it is the original 1996 edition) into an ordinary domestic CD-player.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|
|Civilization II |
|Conflicts in Civilization • Fantastic Worlds • Test of Time†|
|†Standalone remake with different graphics, units, etc|