Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A tile (called a "square" in the earliest games) is the basic unit of space in all of the games covered by this wiki. Each unit or city or colony sits within a single tile at any one time. Tiles are generally either land or water, but some games have undersea and stratosphere tiles too.
In most games tiles are square, but:
- Only the original Civilization, the original Colonization and portable/mobile versions of Civilization Revolution have a bird's eye view so that the squares appear square. Later games use isometric (slanting) views, where each tile looks like a diamond with 60-degree and 120-degree angles.
- Civilization V, Civilization: Beyond Earth, and Civilization VI use hexagons.
The "radius" of a city or colony is the set of tiles it can directly exploit (in addition to the tile it sits on): usually the nearest 20 in Civilization games and the nearest 8 in Colonization games.
- Main article: Tile (Civ4)
- Main article: Tile (Civ6)
Civilization: Beyond Earth
- Main article: Tile (CivBE)
- Main article: Tile (CivRev)
Tile is not present in (or the article has not been created for) the following games :
|Civilization II||Tile (Civ2)|
|Civilization III||Tile (Civ3)|
|Civilization V||Tile (Civ5)|
|Civilization Revolution 2||Tile (CivRev2)|
|Civilization: Call to Power||Tile (CTP1)|
|Call to Power II||Tile (CTP2)|
|Civilization IV: Colonization||Tile (Civ4Col)|
|Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri||Tile (SMAC)|