Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Take the Affinity Quiz to figure out which of the game's three affinities you align with. Let us know how you fare in the comments here, too.
- At 7PM PDT, Firaxis will be conducting another round of Civilization: Beyond Earth livestreaming. Check it out here.
- Get a head start and familiarize yourself with all of the pre-game choices available at the BE's outset with the official Starter Guide — and keep an eye out for our fan-powered Super Walkthrough, coming tomorrow.
- Press reviews for the game are starting to trickle in — and things are looking good.
- Destructoid gave the game a 9/10, and had this to say:
- In all, Beyond Earth is excellent. It maintains the secret sauce that the series is known for while adding setting-appropriate systems that change the gameplay up in interesting ways. Orbital units are inherently cool and add depth to international encounters. The narrative is thoughtful and important without being too preachy. Affinities show that the team put a lot of effort into considering how differing viewpoints may tackle the challenge of founding an alien world, as well as the consequences of those actions.
- Game Informer also provided a glowing review, scoring the game a 9/10.
- Civilization: Beyond Earth doesn’t take the series to the outer galaxies in terms of revolutionary new gameplay, but it provides fantastic modifications and mechanics that allow it to stand proud as a worthy bearer of the Civilization name. This is a must play for strategy fans, and if you’ve always been curious about the genre but never jumped in, your opportunity is here.
- Polygon was similarly impressed by the game, giving it a 9/10 as well.
- Civilization: Beyond Earth is an immensely pleasing simulation of a future human society, struggling to survive on a new planet. It presents the player with a constant stream of challenging and intriguing choices. Packed with big ideas about science and science fiction, it meticulously interlocks dozens of strategic gaming systems that work together at a level that approaches genius.